We have open and closed forums but all require some form of British Canoeing or National Association membership in order to leave comments.
Open forums can be read without an account but you will need a minimum free British Canoeing Digital membership to leave comments. As a membership organisation this enables us properly protect users of all our services.
These forums are supportive environments. General users are expected to follow rules. Any reported forums will be investigated and if found to breach rules, users will be expelled from the forum.
As well as following forum rules, current coaches will be expected to act in accordance with the British Canoeing Code of Conduct for Coaches and/or the terms and conditions of your National Association membership. If you have any questions about these rules please contact us.
- No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum and members may face disciplinary action
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for deletion from the forums and members may face further action.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted – Spare spaces on courses may only advertised in the appropriate chat rooms.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted and further action will be taken.
- Illegal content. No re-posting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted and reported to the appropriate authorities.
- British Canoeing and Paddles Up Training are not responsible for and do not accept any liability for any items listed for sale, purchased, donated or given freely on these chat rooms. We recommend buyers see items before committing to buy, a competent person inspects them prior to purchase/ use and that you pay using secure and insured means.