Keeping up to date is vital. British Canoeing Awarding Body and Paddles Up considers it best practice for Instructors, Coaches, Leaders and Guides.
By undertaking regular development you ensure you’re giving your paddlers the best support.
Paddles Up Training Courses are a great way to develop;
- Firstly our courses are recognised by British Canoeing for CPD purposes.
- Secondly your British Canoeing (SCA, CW, CANI) membership record will be updated with the CPD points.
- You do not need to do anything extra!
- All of our courses clearly indicate the number of points that will be added to your record.
- Our courses range from 5, 10, 15 and 20 CPD points dependent on the content, work involved and length of the course.
Meeting Your Commitment to CPD
When you gain a coaching or leadership qualification you are committing to undertake appropriate CPD and to provide evidence of completion.
- You need to provide evidence of 20 CPD points within each 3-year period.
- In reality you may achieve many more, we would encourage you to see this as a minimum and not a target.
- If you would like support in choosing appropriate CPD you can read our article here:
Check your CPD Expiry date here (you will need your membership number and email address)
You might want to consider a chat with a Mentor or a Coach Developer to support your development.