Available from January 2021, the NEW Leadership Awards aim to create more opportunities for people to paddle by increasing the number of qualified leaders.
The new Leadership Awards suite will align to the British Canoeing Awarding Body Educational Philosophy and support leaders to run safe, quality, enjoyable trips, based on their group’s needs and aspirations.
The awards are ideal for clubs, centres and activity providers looking to lead groups on single or mixed craft journeys, from sheltered water to advanced water.
Key features of the new awards suite include –
- Direct access to the environment you want to lead
- No formal British Canoeing Awarding Body Leadership training requirements
- Direct entry to assessments available
- Single day assessments, allowing more agility, reducing time and expenditure
- NEW eLearning package to support those leading in an unfamiliar environment
- Downloadable logbook to support the recording of activity
- Digital self-analysis tool to support leaders in their development and preparation for assessment
Key changes to the disciplines –
- NEW disciplines: Paddlesport Touring Leader, SUP Inland Open Water Leader, SUP Coastal Leader and Stadium White Water Leader
- Canoe Leadership to be split into Open Water and White Water
- Sea Leadership to have tidal and non-tidal assessment pathways