There are a range of NEW resources that aspirant or existing Leaders can access to support your development journey from the comfort of your sofa.
The Paddlesport Leader and Paddlesport Touring Leader are ideal for clubs, centres and activity providers who go on mixed craft journeys. From SUPs to canoes, kayaks and racing craft, you can choose the craft you work from and lead mixed craft. The awards are designed to support you to run safe, quality, enjoyable trips based on your group’s need and aspirations.
Informal learning, experience based learning, and an availability of individualised choices are important to developing skilled leaders. Whether you’ve been leading trips for many years or are looking to complete your assessment in the future, these resources provide considerations, top tips and development opportunities. Take this opportunity to explore now and put into practice once you’re back on the water.
- The NEW Leader and Raft Guide Self-Analysis tool aids you in identifying specific areas of development for consideration. You can plan your own unique learning journey based on your responses.
- To lead successfully in a range of environments, you will require an understanding of the handling of each craft, the impact of the environment on the craft and its differences when being rescued. The leading mixed craft journeys guidance provides lots of top tips and helpful advice for when you can get back on the water with a group.
- If you’re planning your journeys for the future and there are likely to be weirs, browse the selection of resources to support your leadership decisions when considering using weirs.
- A digital logbook is available to download so you can record your experience, forming a diary to capture and reflect. Great for aspirant Leaders to support you in your progress towards assessment. Or for existing Leaders to use as a development record.
- If you’re planning your trips for the future, the NEW Leading in Unfamiliar Environments eLearning will provide top tips and considerations, whether you’re driving 20 miles down the road to a new location or planning an overseas expedition.
Explore the full range of resources in the Digital Library or read more about becoming a Paddlesport Leader or Paddlesport Touring Leader.