At Paddles Up Training we are really excited about the launch of British Canoeing Awarding Body’s NEW Leadership Awards! But the Paddlesport Touring Leader has really caught our eye, lets explore why!
Why Is The New Paddlesport Touring Leader A Game Changer?
It’s all about deployability for me! Darryll Shaw – Paddles Up Training Delivery Centre Manager.
A member of your team with the New Paddlesport Touring Leader will have been through an extensive learning and development process with an independent and robust assessment. They will have developed the knowledge, skills and understanding required to make leadership decisions in a range of environments:
- Slow moving water (tidal flow <0.5 knots)
- Slow moving rivers (up to and including Grade 1 as well as occasional Grade 2 rapids (this includes simple safe weirs)
- Open Inland Water (up to 500m off shore and in winds of up to force 4)
They can do this from their chosen craft, leading various participants using a range of different craft.
Tell Me More?
Good leadership is about more than keeping people safe on the water. You want your team to work with your participants, motivating them towards a common goal or interest:
- Developing team skills
- Developing communication
- Exploring the environment
- Working towards a Duke of Edinburgh Award
The New Paddlesport Touring Leader has been designed and aligned with British Canoeing Awarding Body Leadership Model not only developing a leaders hard skills but also those all important Interpersonal skills.
The new award benefits from an agile development pathway that puts the aspirant leader at the centre of their journey.
Formal training is available but not mandatory, allowing centres, clubs and organisations to use their own expertise to support the aspirant leader to prepare for assessment.
Aspirant leaders can pick and choose from British Canoeing Awarding Body Courses to support their journey like:
- Paddlesport Touring Leader Training
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
- Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning Training
- White Water Safety and Rescue (WWSR) Training
As well as utilising great support and resources from the Digital Library.
You can find out more here: Paddlesport Touring Leader or why not arrange a call for us to tell you more: email@example.com