Looking to lead mixed craft journeys on sheltered water? Then become a Paddlesport Leader!
The Paddlesport Leader is aimed at paddlers taking on formal leadership responsibilities in benign, sheltered water environments and aims to support Leaders to run safe, quality, enjoyable trips based on their group’s needs and aspirations.
1. Available in any craft, from SUP to Open Canoe to Sit on Top Kayaks!
Aimed at Leaders wanting to introduce others to the water, enabling them to lead a variety of craft on a journey. The Leader can choose the craft from which they work and can look after others in both single discipline and mixed fleets.
2. Optional formal training – if you already have the required skills, book your Paddlesport Leader Assessment!
The Award focuses on learning through experience so there is no formal requirement for training. Clubs, centres and coaches can run bespoke training opportunities, to individuals or groups, to improve and develop Leaders skills ahead of assessment. Alternatively, the leader can opt for the 2 day Paddlesport Leader training.
3. Easy to access – the only prerequisites are a 1 day First Aid award, safeguarding training and membership
Just complete Registration through your Membership Portal and find an assessment!
4. Supportive resources available
These include the Leader and Raft Guide Self-Analysis tool, Skills Checklist, Journey Planner as well as Leading Mixed Craft Journeys guidance. There is also an interactive Leadership eLearning package.
5. Paddlesport Leaders can run the Paddle Awards
Any Leader can run the Paddle Start and Paddle Discover Award.
Find out more about the Paddlesport Leader and start your learning journey today!