Paddles Up Training is fully committed to Equal Opportunities and Fairness in Assessment.
We are aim to ensure access to, and fairness in, assessment for all candidates regardless of their:
- Ethnic or national origin
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Social class
- Religious beliefs
- Affiliations or other personal or professional characteristics
Below are listed the strategies which we will follow to ensure access to, and equality of opportunity in, assessment while safeguarding the integrity of assessment
- All Paddles Up Training employees, Internal Verifiers, and Assessors are required to adhere to the principle that no candidate must at any time be discriminated against;
- on the grounds of race, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, social class, political or religious beliefs and affiliations or any other factors which are irrelevant to assessment.
- The adherence to this requirement will be subjected to stringent checks on an ongoing basis, as is described in section 4 below.
- All assessors should carefully assess that candidates are undertaking assessment at the level of the qualification appropriate to them.
- At the time of registration, candidates will be asked to complete an Equal Opportunities Questionnaire.
- Information collected by will be recorded and monitored by Paddles Up Training.
- In conducting assessment and reaching assessment decisions:
- Assessors and Verifiers must ensure that it is only the skills, knowledge, understanding that have a bearing on assessment results.
- Decisions should not be influenced by any other factors. No candidate must be either discriminated against or given an unfair advantage.
- Guidance to this effect has been issued to all, adherence to it will be monitored by Paddles Up Training.
Your can read more about our approach to Equality and Diversity here: Policies